This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
The epitome of fall, this delicious Apple, Bacon and Brie Burger will have you licking your fingers!
Oh, you thought burger season was over? Silly you! Burger season is NEVER over at Olivia’s Cuisine. ;-)
In fact, I am a sucker for a seasonal burger. I love topping my patties with whatever is in season, which happens to be apples at the moment. And what goes well with apples? Well, everything! But for the purpose of this post: brie, bacon and caramelized onions.
Do I hear a “Hell Yeah”?
If you’re not already obsessed with all things apple and pumpkin, I am sorry but we cannot be friends!
Just kidding. You know we are forever BFFs and I love you eternally, but puh-lease, can you get on the autumn harvest wagon with me so I can stop feeling so lonely? *insert sad dog face here*
Oh you can? Awesome! So grab your apples cause you are in for a flavor ride!
“Oh, but it’s so cold and I don’t feel like heating the grill to make burgers!”
You guys! Brace yourselves cause I’m about to change your lives. Today’s burger is made with Ball Park® Steakhouse All Natural Beef. Hot-off-the-grill flavor that is ready in way less time than it would take you to make a burger from scratch and cook it on the grill!
Because let’s face it: burgers are insanely delicious, but they are far from convenient.
If you are not into frozen burgers, you should definitely give this a try. My husband was very skeptical at first, since he’s into elaborated homemade patties, but it was love at first bite!
Nothing beats the convenience and ease of creating a meal with Ball Park products. Just one trip to the freezer section of your local Walmart, and you’re in possession of a burger that is 100% all natural beef and that tastes amazing without all the hassle.
We are absolutely in love with the Steakhouse All Natural Beef, but they also carry Ball Park® Flame Grilled Beef Patty and Ball Park® Pulled Pork. We grabbed all of them and I can’t wait to create recipes with all the varieties.
Once I got the patty part of this burger covered, the rest was a breeze. I whipped up some caramelized onions, baked some bacon, melted some creamy brie and sliced a Grannysmith apple. A slab of Dijon mustard on a Kaiser roll and my Apple, Bacon and Brie Burger was finally coming together.
The burger was such a success that we made it two more times in the course of a week.
BONUS: If you want your burger to taste even more like apples, you can grate an apple and add to your caramelized onions. Is it too obvious that I’m in love with autumnal flavors? :P
As you can see, I am so obsessed with this burger that I made a video. You will see in the video that I started by suggesting you use two patties. At that time it was a suggestion. Today? Today it’s a demand! Go for the two patties. I promise you won’t regret it!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 Ball Park Steakhouse All Natural Beef patties
- 5 ounces brie, white rind removed, cut into 4 slices
- 2 Kaiser rolls (or any burger buns of your choice), split and toasted
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 6 slices of bacon, crisp-cooked
- 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil and butter. Once the butter is melted and foamy, add the onion and stir to coat it in the fat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to caramelize, about 20 minutes. Add the vinegar, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until the onions are soft and deep brown, about 20 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Cook the burger patties in the stove top, according to package directions. When you flip the burgers, top with cheese, cover and continue cooking until the burgers and heated through and seared and the cheese has melted.
- Spread Dijon mustard on the inside cuts of the Kaiser rolls. To assemble the burgers, layer one burger patty without cheese, one patty with cheese, caramelized onions, bacon and apple slices. Cover with the top parts and serve immediately!
GRAB YOUR BALL PARK AT WALMART: