This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorsOfTheGame #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Forget the store bought stuff! This French Onion Dip is made from scratch and is super creamy, rich and full of big flavors. Perfect for game day or any party, really! Even better if you pair it with a glass (or a bottle!) of Woodbridge Wine.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow or sweet onions (about 1.5lbs), sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (Skip if using sweet onions!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives to garnish
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the olive oil and the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add the sliced onions, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar, and sauté for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelized.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool slightly. Then, add the remaining ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste, and mix to combine.
- Chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped chives and serve with your favorite kind of chips!
Wanna keep in touch?
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to stay up to date with my posts! If you end up making one of my recipes, I would love to see it! Just take a photo and post it on your preferred Social Media and tag me or use the hashtag #oliviascuisine!