I love mangoes! I haven’t really put much thought into “what’s my favorite fruit”, but I think Mango is a strong candidate. One thing I have to say, though, is that mango in Brazil is a thousand and two times better than here in the States. :( Sorry, American friends! And I even tried searching for the mango that I like (the one that is orange, really sweet and soft inside and green and red on the outside) to no success! If you disagree, and you know how to find that type of mango (it’s called Palmer!) in NYC, please let me know and you’ll make me the happiest gal in the whole world! :) Somehow, I can only find the one that is sour, yellow and not so sweet. And because of that, I had to slightly modify my recipe so it tastes similar to the Mango Cream I had growing up.
What I did was add a few tablespoons of Sweet Condensed Milk to compensate for the fact that the mangoes are not as sweet. So, if you manage to find the Palmer Mango, skip this and just blend the mangoes and the ice cream together! :) You can also serve it with some Cassis Liqueur. Just pour a little over your Mango Cream! Not too much otherwise it will taste like Cassis Cream with a touch of Mango! ;-)
- 2 Mangoes (ripe), peeled and cubed
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 4 Tbsp of sweet condensed milk (optional)
- Cassis liqueur (optional)
- Using a blender, blend all the ingredients (except the liqueur) until you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Pour into individual dessert cups and bring them to the freezer for around 20 minutes.
- If you want, pour a dash or two of Cassis liqueur on the Mango Cream before serving. Or just serve with the liqueur on the side so your guests can pour themselves!