Warm up your body and soul with a bowl of this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Mango Curry. With just 5 minutes of prep, it will bring happiness to those busy winter days!
This post is sponsored by Dole.
New year, new life!
Just kidding. Same old new mom life, trying to balance motherhood with the blog and marriage while still taking care of myself.
Sounds exhausting, doesn’t it? It is.
My word for 2018 is discipline. It took me some brainstorming to find a word that would actually mean something I really want to achieve!
We usually choose words like “happiness” or “abundance”, and while it’s obvious that we all want these things, they are not as tangible and we end up forgetting about it by February.
This time I mean it! I need to be more disciplined. With my self care, with my home, with my finances.
So I jotted down some goals and actions that will help me get there. The classic “lose weight” is certainly in there, but more important than that is “be healthier” in general.
And for me, that means being more aware of what we eat, doing a weekly meal plan and eating less take out food.
Because you wouldn’t believe how many times a person who develops recipes for a living eats take out! 🙈
Since it’s winter (and a pretty harsh one here on the East Coast), I figured it was time for an easy slow cooker meal.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Mango Curry not only brings happiness to busy days but also a bit tropical-ness to those, like me, who are already over this cold weather!
And on that note, I’m watching the Rose Parade today.
It’s about 10 degrees here and I have the heat on plus a blanket, so I’m beyond jealous of the people in Pasadena. But I can’t wait to tune in and watch this beautiful celebration of flowers, music and sports.
I’m specially excited to see my partner – Dole – participate for its 8th year and how they will incorporate this year’s theme, “Making a Difference”.
Dole is passionate about improving communities and the environment, and they provide healthy food products that are accessible to all, year-round throughout the country.
Because of them (and their frozen mangoes), we get to make this delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Mango Curry in the middle of winter! Yay!
I don’t usually venture into Thai food land, but I’m so happy I did.
This chicken mango curry was a hit, so delicious and satisfying! My family is visiting from Brazil and they can be quite picky and critical of food they are not used to.
Not this time! Everybody went for seconds and it was a great way to warm up our bodies and souls. :)
Happy new year!
- 4 cups Dole frozen mango chunks, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1½ lbs chicken breast, cubed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, red chili, lime wedges
- In the jar of a blender, combine 2 cups of the frozen mangoes, the small onion, garlic
- cloves, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, red pepper flakes, curry paste and chicken
- broth. Blend until smooth and transfer to the slow cooker. Stir in the coconut milk and mix until combine.
- Add the chicken and red onion and gently toss so everything is coated with the curry
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Add the remaining mangoes and cover to thaw.
- Add the cashews and serve over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro, red chili and/or
- lime wedges.