I searched a lot for a good Pumpkin Spice Waffles recipe and I finally found one at this blog called Pumpkin Waffles Blog. And then, with some slight changes, I think this is the recipe I’ll probably be using my whole life because it’s absolutely amazing! And, with only 1/4 cup of brown sugar, it is healthy too. It’s not everyday that you can find a recipe that is both insanely delicious AND healthy AND the personification of Fall itself! TRIPLE THREAT!
Believe me when I say that this is a ABSOLUTE-MUST-TRY recipe. It is love at first bite and you won’t regret it (and hopefully will come here tell me all about it!)
Happy Fall, folks! And may these waffles make your Fall mornings more delicious!
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your waffle iron and coat it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar with the corn starch.
- Add the flour, the baking powder, the pumpkin pie spice, the cinnamon and the salt and mix until everything is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree with the egg yolks and the milk, whisking everything together.
- Keep whisking while slowly adding the melted butter. Make sure the butter is still warm.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer (on high) until stiff peaks forms. Reserve.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently only until combined.
- Fold the egg whites in until you can't see them anymore and you have a smooth batter.
- Once your waffle iron is ready, pour the batter and cook the waffles. (In my waffle iron it takes 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat!)
- Serve it with maple syrup and butter or fresh fruits, chopped pecans, ice cream, whipped cream, honey...Pretty much anything goes with those amazing waffles! :)