Happy Easter, friends!
Every Easter, my family would get together for the long weekend. We would usually go to my aunt Renata’s weekend house in Indaiatuba on Thursday – which is a 45 min drive from São Paulo – and stay there until Sunday. It was usually 20 of us: grandparents, parents, brother, aunts, uncles and cousins! A lovely weekend full of love, laughter, good food and amazing drinks! We also exchanged gifts: huge chocolate eggs with surprises inside, which are very popular in Brazil.
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5oz semi sweet chocolate (I use 1.5 bars of Lindt), roughly chopped
For the Chocolate Martinis:
- 1oz good quality vodka, divided
- 4oz Baileys irish cream, divided
- Grated chocolate to decorate glasses
To make the ganache:
- Heat the heavy cream, over medium high heat, until it starts to boil.
- Pour the heavy cream over the chopped chocolate in a medium sized bowl and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Let it cool before making the cocktails
To make the Chocolate Martinis:
- To decorate the glasses, moisten the rim of your glasses with cold water. Turn the glasses upside down and dip them into the grated chocolate, twisting them around so you get more chocolate on the rim. Reserve.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway through with ice.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate ganache, 0.5oz of vodka and 2oz of Baileys. Shake it vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour the Chocolate Martini into one of the decorated glasses.
- Repeat those steps to make the 2nd cocktail.
- Serve cold.