Gabriela Yogurt Parfaits
Today is the birthday of my dear goddaughter Gabriela. She is 21 today and that makes me feel VERY old, as I can still remember holding her when she was a little baby with golden curls.
Gabriela grew up to be a beautiful woman with an even more beautiful soul. She is very sensitive, like me, which can be hard in a world like this. But luckily she has a very supportive and loving family that gives her ammunition to keep striving! She is studying to be a psychologist, which is amazing, because there’s nothing better than someone with a big heart to help people go through their problems.
Anyway, in honor of Gabriela I created a recipe for yogurt parfait that I’m calling Gabriela Yogurt Parfaits. Very original, I know! lol They are breakfast yogurt Parfaits, because when I started brainstorming what kind of food she would be, I decided that she would be something breakfasty, because she is sweet, light and refreshing like the first rays of sun in the morning!
So happy birthday, my dear Gabi! I hope you enjoy your day and my recipe!!!
This is a very quick and easy recipe, especially if you already made my homemade granola. You can serve it for breakfast or brunch in parfait glasses, or if you don’t have parfait glasses, regular glasses will do. (I don’t have parfait glasses, so I used my regular water mugs!)
Start by chopping your canned fruit. You can use fresh fruit, but I like the canned because they are sweeter.
Combine the Greek yogurt, the heavy cream, the brown sugar and the vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, for 20 minutes.
To assemble the Parfaits, place about two tablespoons of the granola in the bottom, then 2 tablespoons of the fruit and finally two tablespoons of the yogurt in the glass. Repeat til you fill the glass, finishing with yogurt, fruit and granola on top. Make sure you make each layer smooth so it looks good. Also, you’re free to add more than two tablespoons of each ingredient, if you have a big glass (like I did!)
Now it’s time to go enjoy your Parfaits while singing Happy birthday to Gabriela! :)
Gabriela Yogurt Parfaits
- One 17.5oz Greek Yogurt container
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can of sliced peaches, chopped
- 1 can of apricot halves, chopped
- Granola, preferably homemade
- In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, the heavy cream, the brown sugar and the vanilla. Whisk to combine. Cover and take it to the fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Assemble your parfaits in parfait glasses in this order: 2 Tbsp granola, 2 Tbsp fruit, 2 Tbsp yogurt. Repeat until the glass is full. Finish with yogurt, fruit and granola on top.
- Enjoy your parfaits for breakfast or brunch! :-)