Remember when I told you I was sad and frustrated because after spending 1 hour and 40 minutes on the phone with tech support I still hadn’t solved what was wrong with my blog? Forget that! I’m very happy right now because I solved it MYSELF! Yes, the non tech girl got the job done, folks!!! How? Some Googling plus some attempt and error! I’m so proud of myself you guys wouldn’t believe it! I don’t even care I had to spend hours deleting all the thousands of duplicate images this bug caused me! It reminds me of when I was about 12 or 13 and we got our first computer (we used Mother’s day as an excuse but it was meant for everybody at home). The day it arrived my parents had to go to a wedding and told us that they would install it the next day. So they left… And not only I installed the whole thing by myself, when they came back I was playing a game that I also installed by myself. They were so surprised that they weren’t even mad. Their little girl was a genius!! lol It definitely feels good to achieve things on your own and be recognized for it. :-)
Before my mom comments on my future Facebook post promoting this dish, saying “Hey! This is my recipe and I deserve credit!!!” (‘cause she loves the spotlight), I’m going to go ahead and tell you this is adapted from my dear mom’s recipe! :) She makes it slightly different, as she wants to save even more time and dishes (even though her husband, aka dad, is the one that does the dishes)! So she just adds the heavy cream and the lemon juice to the skillet when the chicken is done. So the sauce is brown because of the chicken’s grease. Since I wanted the sauce to be white, I cooked it in a different skillet, and I added some cream cheese to make it extra creamy. And then I was supposed to grate some lemon zest before serving but I completely forgot! Will you forgive me? It still looks nice, doesn’t it? Just imagine it has some yellow lemon zest all over it, will ya?
- 6 chicken cutlets
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon for marinade
- Salt and Pepper to taste for marinade
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2.5oz cream cheese (1/3 of an 8oz package)
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon zest
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, the lemon juice and the salt and pepper together. Let the chicken sit in this marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, grill the chicken cutlets until golden brown (about 3 minutes each side). You don't need to add oil to the skillet because the marinade already has oil.
- In another skillet, over medium heat, add the cream cheese, the heavy cream and the lemon juice and whisk everything together. Let it simmer, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the chicken and serve.
If you’re crazy about chicken, check some of my other delicious chicken recipes: