This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IndulgenceDoneRight #CollectiveBias
Creamy and extra rich, this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate tastes like Fall in a cup. I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the season!
Move over Pumpkin Spice Latte, this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate is here to stay!
Yep, I’m obsessed. This self proclaimed PSL lover has found a new love! And you are about to too.
Because no one in their right minds would be able to resist a mug of hot pumpkin-y chocolate! Thick, creamy and oh so delicious!
I’m not even gonna tell you how many servings of this Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate I had the last few days… ???
Hey, no judgement! It’s all in the name of recipe development, right? I had to get it just perfect! And the good news is that I knocked the ball out of the park with this one.
I know what you’re thinking. I just threw modesty out of the window! And you are damn right. There is no room for modesty when this luscious pumpkin spice hot chocolate is concerned.
But what makes this hot chocolate so special?
Well, the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice, obviously. But also the added creaminess from the new Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half – an extra rich blend of real milk and cream for the perfect morning coffee or hot cocoa.
I also love the black packaging. It is so elegant and really stands out among the other products in the grocery store. As it should, since it is really different than everything out there!
It is indulgence done right, and just what you’d expect from Land O’Lakes®! ❤️
If a rich and thick hot chocolate is not your thing, this recipe is not for you!
This feels like drinking melted creamy chocolate as opposed to just warm chocolate milk. And I wouldn’t have it any different!
It is decadent and cozy, yes, but I also tried to keep it a little lighter by not adding any processed sugar (it calls for maple syrup or honey instead).
Does that mean that your waist line is totally safe with this pumpkin spice hot chocolate? Probably not! But I doubt you will care. ?
So next time you are craving a little something to soothe your soul, give this pumpkin spice hot chocolate a try!
And go ahead and add some whipped cream – even better if it’s pumpkin whipped cream. Life is to short to skip the whipped cream!
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half, divided
- 3 ounces high quality semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, plus more for sprinkling on whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for serving
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and ½ cup of Land O’Lakes® Buttercream Style Half & Half. Heat, over medium heat, until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
- Lower the heat to medium low, add the chopped chocolate and cocoa powder and whisk until the chocolate is melted. Then, add the maple syrup, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and whisk to combine. Mixture will be thick.
- Add the remaining half and half and vanilla extract and whisk to thin out the hot chocolate to drinking consistency.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and a little pumpkin spice and serve immediately!