Turkey Cranberry Sliders
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ACME Markets. All opinions are 100% mine.
These delicious Turkey Cranberry Sliders are not only easy to make but can also be made ahead! Loaded with turkey, cheese and cranberry sauce, all nestled in soft and sweet Hawaiian rolls which are then brushed with poppy seed butter. A great way to feed a hungry crowd!
You know that leftover holiday turkey that you have sitting in your freezer? It is time you thaw that baby to make the most amazing turkey sliders ever!
No turkey in the freezer? No worries! You can use deli turkey (or even ham) instead.
I personally find that these are great served for Christmas brunch, right out of the oven. Everybody always loves them!
So much so that I now make two batches whenever I’m making these, so my family can have leftovers. Tim is especially fond of them and I’ve caught him standing in front of the fridge, eating cold leftovers, quite a fews times!
That being said, don’t be like Tim. The leftovers are much better when reheated! 😉
To make these Turkey Cranberry Sliders, you will need:
- Turkey – You can use leftover turkey or buy sliced roasted turkey at the deli counter.
- Cheese – I personally like using sliced Swiss cheese as I think it pairs beautifully with turkey. It is mild, slightly sweet and melts great! That being said, Gouda, Provolone, Mozzarella or Cheddar would also work here.
- Cranberry Sauce – To me, it’s the star of the show here. Adds tartness and sweetness, which is what makes these sliders so good!
- Butter – The butter will be used for brushing the rolls before baking, to add flavor and color.
- Poppy Seeds – I find that poppy seeds make these sliders extra fun and also add a bit of nuttiness. However, if you don’t have them on hand, just omit them or add chopped herbs instead!
- Hawaiian Rolls – I buy KING HAWAIIAN Sweet Rolls. They are my favorite! Soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness. Perfect to make these sliders!
Which is the Best Store Bought Cranberry Sauce?
Up until I tried Signature Cafe® Cranberry Sauce, I thought no store bought version would ever compare to homemade.
You see, I consider myself a cranberry sauce snob. I make a killer cranberry sauce, with bourbon and honey! So imagine my shock when I tasted Signature Cafe’s and found that it was just as good.
So, if you want to make these turkey cranberry sliders for Christmas but you have no more leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving, just pay a visit to ACME’s deli!
Signature Cafe has a delicious line of holiday dinner options, exclusively sold at ACME Markets and all the other Albertsons Companies family of stores across the U.S., including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market and Tom Thumb.
ACME also offers Grocery Delivery and Pick Up for convenient ways to shop! So you can get your ingredients for a holiday feast even if you don’t have time to hit the grocery store. ♥️
How to Make Turkey Cranberry Sliders
What I love the most about these turkey sliders is that they are assembled all together. Imagine having to assemble 12 (or more, if you decide to double or triple the recipe) one by one? By sliders number 9 I’ll be cursing and undoubtedly forgetting a layer!
Here, instead of pulling the rolls apart, you just slice the whole slab of rolls as one and then top with the ingredients as you would a pizza. Easy peasy!
Recommended tools and equipment: 9X13 baking dish, pastry brush, foil.
Here’s how I make Turkey Cranberry Sliders. As always, you will find the printable (and more complete) version of the recipe at the end of this post!
Step 1: Prepare the poppy seed butter.
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- Stir the poppy seeds.
Step 2: Assemble the Turkey Sliders
- Slice rolls in half and place the bottom part in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Layer all the turkey.
- Add the cranberry sauce.
- Layer the cheese slices.
- Top with top of the rolls.
- Brush the top of the rolls with half of the poppy seed butter.
Step 3: Bake!
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the foil and bake, uncovered, for another 5 to 8 minutes so the rolls can get golden brown.
- Brush with the remaining butter as soon as they are out of the oven.
- Cut into individual sliders and serve immediately!
- I like making these turkey sliders with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. If you freeze your turkey, you can defrost them before Christmas and serve these at your holiday party!
- Make sure to add the cranberry sauce layer in between the turkey and cheese, that way the rolls don’t get soggy.
- Calculate 2-4 sliders per person when planning your menu!
What to Serve with Turkey Sliders?
These sliders can be served as an appetizer, for brunch or as a meal.
Side dishes that go well with it are potato chips, a nice green salad, cole slaw, potato salad or even soup.
Not sure if I need to tell you this, but they should be served while they are still warm and ooey gooey! 😋😋😋
These turkey cranberry sliders are easily customizable, so you can make them perfect for you and your family or guests!
Here are just a few suggestions:
- Make them with ham instead of turkey!
- Change the poppy seeds to chopped herbs, like parsley. You can also add even more flavor to the butter by adding onion and garlic powder.
- Not a fan of cranberry sauce? Use your favorite jam instead!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! The sliders can be assembled the day before (skip brushing with the poppy seed butter) and stored in the fridge, covered with foil or plastic wrap, until ready to serve.
Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before baking, brush with the butter and bake as instructed.
Keep leftovers in the fridge, tightly wrapped with plastic or foil, for up to 3 days.
If you make these with leftover turkey that has been frozen then thawed, you can’t freeze them.
If made from fresh turkey, then yes. You can freeze them for up to 3 months!
Reheat in the oven, at 350ºF, covered with foil, for 20-25 minutes or until hot.
Did you make this recipe? I love hearing from you! Please comment and leave a 5-star rating below. You can also take a photo and tag me on Instagram with #oliviascuisine.
Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 12 KING HAWAIIAN sweet rolls
- ½ pound turkey, thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup Signature Cafe cranberry sauce
- ½ pound Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 9X13 baking dish
- Pastry brush
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with cooking spray and reserve.
- Place butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. Once melted, stir in the poppy seeds. Reserve
- Using a serrated knife, slice the rolls in half, without pulling them apart. Place the bottom part on the prepared baking dish, cut side up.
- Layer all the turkey onto the bottom of the rolls. Spread the cranberry sauce in an even layer on top of the turkey. Then, layer the cheese on top of the cranberry sauce. Top with the top layer of rolls.
- Brush the top of the rolls with half of the reserved poppy seed butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove the foil and continue baking, uncovered, for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until the tops are slightly crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately brush with the remaining butter. Let it sit for a few minutes so the butter can be absorbed.
- Cut into individual sandwiches and serve immediately!