This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHolidayBaking #CollectiveBias
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons cold water
For the filling:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin, 15oz.
- 1 can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, 15oz
For the Maple Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making the crust:
- Start by putting all your crust ingredients in the freezer for 10 minutes. You want everything to be super cold.
- Combine the flour, the sugar and the salt in a large bowl. Spread the butter cubes over surface and, using your fingers (or a pastry cutter), work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Sprinkle the cold water and work the dough just until it comes together into a ball. Form the ball into a disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using.
- Roll out the chilled pie crust. Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch deep dish pie. Tuck it in, making sure the surface is smooth. Then, trim the extra overhang of crust and use to patch any mistakes! (No shame in that!) Crimp the edge with your fingers, prick the dough all over with a fork, and bring the pie shell to the fridge for another 10 minutes before using.
Making the filling:
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves. Reserve,
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat until smooth. Whisk in the pumpkin puree and the sugar/spice mixture. Slowly add the evaporated milk, vigorously whisk until everything is combined.
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into pie shell.
- Bake the pie in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Then, lower the temperature to 350F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until the center is almost set. If you think the edges of the crust are browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil or piecrust shield after about 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Maple Whipped Cream:
- With a hand mixer, beat the ingredients until stiff peak forms. Serve over your pumpkin pie!
You can freeze your pumpkin pie for up to 3 months! Just thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to use.
You can also make the filling the night before. The flavors will improve overnight and you won't have to worry about that on Thanksgiving day.
Substitute the ground cinnamon, ground cloves and ground ginger for 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, if you'd prefer.
P.S. Wanna keep in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to stay up to date with my posts! If you end up making one of my recipes, I would love to see it! Just take a photo and post it on your preferred Social Media and tag me or use the hashtag #oliviascuisine!
P.S. 3 Do you like to pin? I have a perfect Pinterest image for you, so you can save this recipe for later. Also, check out the Flavorful Moments board for more holiday recipes inspiration! :)
P.S.4 Shopping at Walmart? I’ve got you covered!
So, tell me, what is your favorite Thanksgiving food?