April 30th is Dia del Niño in Mexico, so I took it as an opportunity to celebrate Mexican cuisine! Because who doesn’t love Mexican food?
(Today’s post is sponsored by Herdez. However, the content and opinions expressed here are my own!)
Now that I live in NYC, Mexican food is available all around. But there’s nothing like making it yourself and making sure that what goes in your family’s plate is fresh and high quality!
- 2lbs skirt steak, cut into 6-inch pieces
- 1 cup HERDEZ®
- 1/4 cup blackberry preserves
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large spanish onion, thinly sliced
- Warmed tortillas, guacamole and salsa to serve
Do you like prizes?
As Dia del Niño celebrates the kid in everyone, HERDEZ brand is holding a #ThrowbackThursday photo contest on its Facebook wall! This promotion will last from April 6th to – April 30th. Each week, three winners will be chosen to win a Día del Niño prize pack. One grand prize winner each week will win a socialmatic camera, film, HERDEZ product, HERDEZ apron and recipe cards. Two runner up winners each week will win a selfie stick, HERDEZ product, HERDEZ apron and recipe cards.
To enter, submit your favorite childhood photo tagged with #ThrowbackThursday directly on HERDEZ’s Facebook page.